2009年5月31日日曜日

Class#6 Greetings

1.How do I greet menbers of my family?
 I say "おはよう" "いってきます" "ただいま" "おやすみ" to all members of my family.
I never say "こんにちは" and "さようなら" to my family.

2.How do I greet people that are important in society?
I use honorific language to them like "おはようございます" "こんにちは" "さようなら"or"失礼します" Also, I bow to them.

3.Do I greet people from the opposite sex in different way?
I think "Yes". Although I greet them in same way, I don't touch their body. While, I sometimes touch girl' s arms, or hug them.

4. Do I hug anyone?
Yes. I sometimes hug only girlfriends in Japan. But I hug people including men in America.

My name means・・・・・
・My first name means nothing special, but it feels an antique and graceful name.
 The chinese character means a beautiful design of textiles.
・My family name means nothing special.
The chinese character means "road" and "surface".

1 件のコメント:

  1. Hi Michael! ...or Jackson? =P
    Interesting comment on #3 and #4 and I agree with you on #4. I do hug my guy friends in America, but I still feel a little nervous when I do so, because I don't get used to touch guys lol Do you feel a bit strange as well, or did you get used to it while you were in America?

    xx

    返信削除