2009年6月7日日曜日

Class#7 Names and Adresses

1.Are feelings, emotions, and facial expessions universal across borders?
Yes, I think so. For example, children who cannot speak language yet smile when they are happy, cry when they are sad, or get angry when they don't like something. It is common all over the world.

While, words and gestures are different between other countries. For example, "nod" means "yes" in Japan or America, but I heard that some countries it means "no".


2.Many feelings in Japanese and the English translation.
嬉しい/ happy
悲しい/ sad
楽しい/ pleasant
寂しい/lonely
腹立たしい/ be irritated
苦しい/ hard
悔しい/ be mortified
羨ましい/ envy
妬ましい/jealous
憎い/ hateful
恥ずかしい/be ashamed
恋しい/ miss


3. Feelings in only Japanese
愛おしい
切ない
憂い/愁い
儚い



5 件のコメント:

  1. Hello!!
    I agree with you. Many feelings in Japana are same feelings in other countries but words and gestures are different. So, I think human of feelings is very interested.

    返信削除
  2. Hello!
    I agree with you.
    Especially, "恋しい"-"miss" is common word all over the world.
    But transtlating is very difficult, I think. If I can make myself understand about my Englush. But my friends can not understand about my feeling, that is no meaning.

    返信削除
  3. 1→When I was high school student, my English teacher who comes from U.S.A, he said "Japanse people like a chikens, because they are frequently nod their head."

    返信削除
  4. I often use the word せつない.
    so, I think I will be in difficulty if I go abroad.

    返信削除
  5. I am very sorry but I have misplaced the sign-up sheet with the volunteers names and email addresses on it. If you signed up to make potato salad, set-up, cook/serve food, or clean up, please leave me a comment!

    返信削除