2009年5月17日日曜日

Class#4 World Religion

Q.How do I greet people in my life?

・Against my friends
I just say "Hi"or "Good morning". I sometimes hug them when I met them after a long time.

・Against my family
I just say "Good morning","Good night", "I'm leaving" or "I'm home."

・Against my superiors or elders
I bow to them or shake hands. And I also use honorific words.
Because we have to express my respect for them.


Q. Do I touch people when I talk to them?
No. Because it is impolite in Japanese culture.
But I sometimes touch only my close girl friends.

6 件のコメント:

  1. Hi! Michael!
    Do you sometimes hug with your friends?
    I don't have this habit, so I hanker for your action. I wonder that I try to hug with my freinds someday.

    返信削除
  2. Hi Michel,
    Lovely blog!

    I agree that it is not so common for us to touch their body especially, we are not so friendly yet. But we sometimes need to touch to pay attention or to show affection to others.

    返信削除
  3. このコメントは投稿者によって削除されました。

    返信削除
  4. Hello, Michael! I'm not really mad about Jackson, but I like Utada and L'arc :) My habits are quite same as you. I also like to hug when I met friends after a long time, to express my feelings.

    返信削除
  5. Hello!
    I agree that your article.
    We bow to elder or superior, but We don't bow to friends.

    返信削除