2009年10月18日日曜日

Class#2 Death and Funerals

1.Death and Funerals:
a. Do you have any international friends or a host family? If so, how would you express your condolences to them if a family member died?
Japanese wear black kimono or suits for condolences, and give a condolence payment to the family. And then, we see died person's face and say goodbye.
b. Have you ever been to a foreign funeral?
No, I've never been. However, I watched American funeral on TV. I was interested in wearing sunglasses. Why do some people(especially, women) wear sunglasses at funeral??


2. The language of Clothes (preparation for next weeks topic):
a.Why are Japanese designer label crazy? Why is what you wear so important?
I guess that Japanese want to express their status. If someone wear famous designer label clothes or accessories, others think she is rich and luxurious.

b.What does “Don’t judge a book by it’s cover.” mean to you?
I think the meaning is "Don't judge a person by his or her appearance such as their clothes." Most People are diffrerent from their appearance.

6 件のコメント:

  1. Hi!!
    I've never seen that American people wear at a funeral. It is so intereting!! I want to watch this TV^^

    返信削除
  2. Hello
    I'm also interested in American funerals,too.
    I guess wear sunglasses at funeral maybe to cover somthing?? I don't know....

    返信削除
  3. Hi,Michael!!
    I haven't know about American people wear sunglasses!!
    WHY??
    Does it mean something special,or just fashion?
    WHY???

    返信削除
  4. Hello!
    I agree with your opinion.
    Japanese express the status by wearing bland items.
    While, other country people, why do they wear bland item?
    I want to know this answer.

    返信削除
  5. People wear sunglasses at funerals to hide their puffy eyes from crying. Women especially ruin their make up if they cry! Good comments everyone!

    返信削除
  6. I don't know American people wearsunglasses when they die.
    I want to know this reason!

    返信削除