2009年10月3日土曜日

Class#1 Fall 2009

Q1.
a.Do you agree with the web site's description?
Yes!! Japanese exactly like to do wrapping!!! Therefore, Japanese think that Amercans say too directly. On the other hand, Americans cannot understand what Japanese really want to say.
b.What do you do that can be called "wrapping"?
Give examples and reasons for your actions.
For example, when I give a gift to someone, I say "Here's a little something for you(つまらないものですが。)" even if I think it is a good or expensive thing. The reason is that I may be thought that I'm a patronizing person.

Q2.
a. Where do you go when you die?
I'm not sure whether heaven exists, or not. But many people have believed heaven and hell for a long time, so we may go there when we die.
Also, I believe that we will be born again after we die because a few people have memories of previous life. I think life has connected.

b. Explain why do Japanese have death memorial services 1 month, 1 year, 3 years, 7 years, etc. after a person's death?
Most Japanese are Buddhism. They believe that people go to the hether world (heaven) after they die, so bereaved family pray for repose the deceased's soul each year.
And 49days after someone's death are most important because his or her destination of the next life is decided during this period.

1 件のコメント:

  1. Hi.
    I agree with you.
    Japanese people are modest in thier behavior.

    返信削除