2009年11月16日月曜日

Class#6 Time

1. Please explain a time proverb in your culture.

「時は得がたく失いやすし」“Getting time is difficult, but it is easy to lose."
It means Good time/good opportunitiy rarely come and easy to lose.



2. What do the following proverbs mean:

a. Time is money.
Time is so important for us like money, so we shouldn't waste our time.

b. A stitch in time saves nine.
If I do one work today, I can save time or trouble tomorrow.

c. There's no time like the present.
Now is the best time.

d.Let's meet at 4. If I'm not there by 5, leave without me at 6, and I'll be there at 7.
I don't know.....

9 件のコメント:

  1. I haven't know the proverb "Getting time is difficult, but it is easy to lose". I like this idea. I want to get a good opportunity and get a nice job.

    返信削除
  2. Hi Michael,
    I was moved by “Getting time is difficult, but it is easy to lose." Now I worry about job hunting and boyfriend...I have to spend time effectively!

    Anyway, have you seen the movie "This is IT"??

    返信削除
  3. Hi!!
    I think nice proverb in youy culture.
    It is necessary to good opportunity in our life!!

    返信削除
  4. Hello, Micheal!!!
    Time is very important. 「時は得がたく失いやすし」is good proverb to notice that time is precious!!

    返信削除
  5. Hi, Micheal^^
    I first heard 「時は得がたく失いやすし」
    I sympathized with this proverb mean.
    Good oppotunity don't come and get easily.

    返信削除
  6. Hi♪
    I have never heard this No1 saying!

    返信削除
  7. Hi!!
    "Getting time is difficult, but it is easy to lose." is nice proverb:)
    We must treasure to spend time.

    返信削除
  8. Hi
    I have never heard "Getting time is difficult, but it is easy to lose".
    I think it is a good proverb.

    返信削除
  9. Hi!
    I agree with your idea.
    I often hear that time is money, and I think so.
    So we must take time cearfully.

    返信削除